The tried and true method of mineral reduction knows as water softening works like this. Hard water enters a water softener system. As it passes through a resin bed inside the tank the hard water minerals attach to the resin beads leaving softened water to service the home. Periodically the resin beads become saturated with hard water minerals, the water softener system automatically goes into regeneration. Brine (salt) water is drawn into the resin tank and rinses the hard water minerals off of the resin and down the drain. Once fully rinsed with brine a freshwater rinse completes the process.
- Dishes, silverware, and china will sparkle with no scale or buildup
- Protects entire plumbing system throughout the house
- Eliminates hard water spots and reduces soap scum build up on showers, tubs, sinks
- Soft water leaves your skin feeling smoother and your hair softer and more manageable
- Clothes do not build up minerals over time, resulting in brighter colors for longer
- Appliances such as dishwashers, coffee makers, refrigerators, water heaters, and washing machines last longer without mineral buildups
- Everything made with soft water tastes better